Posted by Bootybella Designs Inc. on Monday, July 13, 2009. Filed under: ,

This is a hit at my house, whenever I can get around to making these!!!!  They will knock your socks off!!!!


Toffee Tarts
Shells
· ¼ c brown sugar
· 2 c flour
· 1 c softened butter
· pinch of salt

Mix well and press ~ 1 tsp in the bottom of mini-muffin or mini-tart pan as thin as possible. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes (until starting to brown on edges). Cool for a minute in the pan then move to cooling racks. If you wanna go all homemade, definitely use this recipe - otherwise buy pre-made tart shells in the frozen section of your grocery store if you are in a rush...which I usually am!!!!)

Filling
· 5 boxes of Macintosh Toffee (or two bags of individual toffees - but then you have to unwrap each one - yeash!!!!)
· ½ c evap. Milk
· 1 tbsp butter

Melt down, stirring constantly over medium heat and fill tart shells – I use a turkey baster to do this – it makes life considerably easier than trying to use a spoon! Look out calories cause here they come!!! These are simply delish!!!!!

4 Responses to

  1. Tammy Murphy

    okay~ this sounds absolutly fabulous... I love my sweets.... I hope someday you will be my secret sister and bake some of these for me... Wow... I love toffee, but have never heard of Macintosh Toffee... where do you get this?

  2. Bootybella Designs Inc.

    Macintosh Toffee comes in slabs sold in the chocolate bar isle of your grocery store!!! It is amazing ~ I am sure I have broken more than one tooth on it though over the years!!!!

  3. TannyP

    Wow! That looks tasty!

  4. Anne

    Yum!

    Isn't the downside of the turkey baster that you can't lick it the way you can a spoon? ;)

Leave a Reply