Posted by Bootybella Designs Inc. on Monday, July 13, 2009. Filed under:

Now I am about to share my ultimate, favorite recipe for a sweet & salty snack...I think the people at Old Dutch called it something like..."Popcorn Twist Caramel Corn"....but I simply call it....


Caramel Corn Crack
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour 1 bag popcorn twists (large blue bag) in large roaster.

Then, in large pot - heat the following -
1 cup butter (not margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup

Heat to bubbling, and then let bubble slowly for 1 minute. Take off heat and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Mixture will foam up. Pour mixture over popcorn twists and stir until all popcorn twists are coated.

Bake in oven for 45 minutes, (if you want it softer, bake 30 minutes) stirring every 10 minutes. When finished, spread on two large cookie sheets, cool, and break apart. Now see how long this will last in your house ~ I dare ya!!! I bag mine in ziplocs and freeze with good intentions, but clearly nothing short of a lock on the freezer will save this stuff!!!

6 Responses to

  1. Nee

    Oh my word, Bella! Not a good idea to read your blog before breakfast! What a delight! I am now soooooooooooo hungry! This is awesome! And, I never knew you had so many talents!

  2. Ann

    Sounds yummy to me! Thanks for the recipe!

  3. The MadStamper

    LOL!!!
    So true! This is sooooooooo good!!!! If you haven't made it before - MAKE IT!!!! You will love it and love how fast and easy it is!!! : )

  4. Tammy Murphy

    oh my gosh... I make this same recipe every year for our family cookouts, reunions and in the Fall for Scenic Drive... Love this stuff!

  5. Ramona

    I think I may make this one with my kids. Sounds easy & yummy!

  6. Sherry

    I need to figure out exactly what the popcorn twists are, but this sounds devine!!

Leave a Reply